cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Quick Lamb Curry


Prep 10 Mins Cooking Time 20 Mins Serves 4

Ingredients
Lean ground lamb 1 pound
Garlic 2 Clove (5gm), pressed  
Onion 1 Large, chopped   (I used one large bunch green onion)
Curry powder 1 Tablespoon  
1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger and ground cumin  
1 medium-size carrot, thinly sliced  
Red apple 1 Small, chopped  
1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped   (I did not use green pepper)
Regular 1 Can (14oz) Beef broth
 Red cayenne pepper 1 To taste  
Condiments: Sliced bananas. Major Grey chutney, plain yogurt, chopped peanuts, crumbled bacon

Directions
Crumble lamb into a wide frying pan over medium heat; cook, stirring, until browned, then spoon off and discard all but 2 tablespoons fat.

Add garlic, onion, curry powder, ginger, and cumin; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, until onion is very soft.
Add carrot, apple, green pepper, and broth.

Simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened (about 20 minutes).

Season to taste with salt and red pepper.

While curry is cooking, prepare 3 or 4 condiments of your choice and place each in a separate bowl; pass at the table to sprinkle over individual servings.   

 This was sooooooo good!!!  I wish that we had leftovers!!! No such luck though L
For the last two days we have had dragon weather!!! Love it!!! We love the wind!!!  In one of the yards there are about three big fir trees and the wind sounds so awesome blowing through the branches!!  What a sound it makes!!!

Wednesday is our 20th anniversary!!! Can’t believe it has come so fast.  I am a lucky women!!! Dan is such a sweet and good man.  Thank you Jesus for him!!!
We go to the doctor on Wednesday and find out all the particulars for the 14th.  I am sure that all things will turn out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment