cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Fresno Potato Casserole


Serves 8

Ingredients:

2 1/2-3  lbs medium-size potatoes (thin-skinned)  
4  slices bacon, fried and crumbled  
4   green onions, chopped  
1/2 cup milk  
1  cup sour cream  
1  cup cheddar cheese, shredded  
 salt & pepper 
3/4 cup seasoned croutons, slightly crushed  
3  tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

1  Boil potatoes just until tender.
2  Drain well.

3  Cool. (I peeled my potatoes and then cooked them)
4  Peel and cut into 1/4-inch slices.

5  In greased, shallow two quart casserole, arrange half of the potato slices.
6  Top with half of the bacon and onion.

7  Stir milk into sour cream; spread half the mixture over onion, then half the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
8  Repeat layers.

9  Sprinkle with croutons and drizzle butter over all.
10  Bake in 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes or until hot throughout.

This was good!!
Going to the doctor tomorrow.  Hopefully no white cells in my urine. Dan is having his issues as well.  Hopefully in October he will get to see his doctor and get on the schedule for surgery.  It will be good to get it over with.

Was having some trouble with Microsoft office.  Thank God for Dan’s Brother Doug.  He helped me to solve the problem.  I was not able to access any of my spread sheets. 
Not working this week.  Have a “political meeting” on Saturday.  That’s it.  Working one day next week.  I know things will pick up soon because of the Holidays coming up.  I am not worried.  I am enjoying the time off.

We had dinner with the neighbors across the street.  Nice people.  She doesn’t speak much English though.  I could not believe it she likes boxing!!  One of the sports that I astutely hate!!!  I am hoping to fix them stand up chicken with in the next couple of weeks.  I hope that they will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment