cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Turkey Fajitas


Ingredients

1/4 Cup lime juice
1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
1 Clove garlic
1⁄2 Teaspoon Ground coriander
1⁄2 Teaspoon Ground cumin
1⁄2 Teaspoon Honey
1 Pound, Turkey breast tenderloins cut into 1/2 by 2 inch strips (I used two chicken breasts)
4 9 inch reduced fat flour tortillas
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 Large, Red onion thinly sliced (I used green onion)
Lime wedges (I did not use lime wedges)
(called for 1 large bell pepper did not use it)

Directions

1. In a large bowl, stir together lime juice, vinegar, garlic, coriander, cumin, and honey. Add turkey and stir to coat. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally.
2. Brush tortillas lightly with hot water; then stack tortillas, wrap in foil, and heat in a 350°F (175°C) oven until warm (10 to 12 minutes).

3. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a wide nonstick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add bell pepper and onion and stir-fry until vegetables are lightly browned (2 to 3 minutes). Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
4. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. When oil is hot, lift turkey from marinade and drain briefly (reserve marinade). Add turkey to pan and stir-fry until no longer pink in center; cut to test (2 to 3 minutes). Add marinade and bring to a boil; return vegetables to pan and mix gently. Spoon mixture onto a platter.

5. Offer tortillas and lime wedges alongside turkey mixture. Fill tortillas with turkey mixture; add a squeeze of lime, roll up, and eat out of hand
This was very good!! I wrapped my tortillas in a paper towel and heated them for 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment