cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Spicy Tuna And Linguine With Garlic And Pine Nuts


Preparation Time35 Min Cooking Time30 Min Ready In1 Hr. 5 Min Servings 4

Ingredients

2 Tablespoon Olive oil
4 Clove garlic minced
2 Cup mushrooms sliced
1/2 Cup onion, chopped
1/2 Teaspoon, crushed red pepper (I used ¼ Tsp.)
2 1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
1 Can (14 oz.)chicken broth
½ Tsp. Salt
¼ Tsp. black pepper
9 Oz Fresh Linguine uncooked
1 Can Tuna (12oz), drained
1/3 C Cilantro, chopped (I used parsley)
1/3 cup toasted pine nuts or almonds (I did not toast the pine nuts)

Directions

1) In a 12-inch skillet, heated over medium-high heat, sauté garlic, mushrooms, onion and red pepper in hot olive oil until golden brown.
2) Bring this to a boil after adding in tomatoes, chicken broth mixture, salt and black pepper.

3) In a skillet, put separated strands of uncooked linguine and add cooked tomato sauce.
4) Minimize heat and cover and simmer for 4 more minutes until done.

5) Stir gently and mix in tuna and cilantro by tossing again.

This was good!!  We had some left over so Dan took it to work!!  Hopefully everyone was jealous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment