cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Burritos Rancheros


Serves 6-8

Ingredients

1 (3 to 4 pound) beef chuck roast (I used Pork ribs)
2 tablespoons chili powder (I used 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
1 Anaheim, or other semi-hot green Chile, seeded and chopped
2 medium onions, chopped (I used green onion)
1 (28 ounce) can cut-up, peeled tomatoes, undrained
1 (30 ounce) can chili beans, drained
2 ½ to 3 tablespoons quick-mixing flour
3 tablespoons cold water
8 flour tortillas, warmed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
Guacamole Supreme (Recipe follows)
¾ cup sour cream

 Methods/steps

1. In a 6 quart Dutch oven, brown beef on both sides over high heat.
2. Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic, Chile, and onions.

3. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid.  Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low and cook 2 ½ to 3 hours, or until meat falls apart.
4. Remove meat from cooking liquid and let stand until cool enough to handle easily. (I cut up my meat ahead of time)

5. Add beans.  Blend together flour and cold water and stir into liquid in pot.  Heat to boiling, stirring.  Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Shred meat with a fork, discarding any fat and bones.  Return meat to pot and simmer 5 minutes.

7. Spoon some of meat and bean mixture down center of each tortilla.  Fold in ends and roll up.  Place seam side down on a plate and top with more hot meat mixture.  Top with cheese, Guacamole Supreme, and sour cream.

GUACAMOLE SUPREME

Mash 2 large ripe avocados with a fork.  Blend in ½ teaspoon seasoned salt, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro (optional), and 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice.

This was very good.  Made enough for leftovers!!

I am on the antibiotic for the fifth time!!!  I wonder if I will ever be done with itL

Saw some friends at Costco the other day.  Hadn’t seen them in eons.  Their daughter sure has grown!! I think that she is three or four now.

I guess my Mom got to get together with some people that I haven’t seen in years.  They belong to a group called the navigators.  They are supposed to be a Christian group.  I did not find anything about them to be Christians. 

Not only did one of them take my money and said that he would give it back (never did).  One person (the head of the origination)  told some one (that I new) that they could not get married for three years (he had an affair)  Divorced his wife and went to California.  They also told my mom and me “Hay why don’t you guys move to the north end that way we can come over more often.  We moved and never saw them again.  I liked someone and the people he was living with told him that he shouldn’t see me anymore.  For a while they would not have bible study with mixed (guys and girls) then they started doing that.  I wasn’t invited. One of them married someone whom he said that he did not want to marry because he thought that she was too bossy.  He married her and I said to him I thought you said that you didn’t want to marry he because she was too bossy.  He would not talk to me and has never talked to me since. I guess it was because he new that he was marring because there was no one else for him.  I have tried to forget about these people and move on but my mom keeps bringing them up.  Much to my chagrinL

No comments:

Post a Comment