cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Home-Made Coffee Liqueur


PREP 10 Min's  COOK 10 Min's READY IN 14 DAYS  Makes 15 Servings

5 cups water
 3 cups white sugar
 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
 1 (750 milliliter) bottle rum (dark or light)
 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
1. Stir the water, sugar, and instant coffee together in a saucepan over high heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture boils. Remove from the heat, and cool 30 to 45 minutes. Stir in the rum and vanilla. Using a funnel, pour into 3 clean wine bottles. Seal, and store in a dark, cool place at least 2 weeks before drinking.

Boy was this good!!  After two weeks we opened our first bottle!!  It is great with ice cream!!

2 comments:

  1. The recipe seems to be interesting i will definitely try this .

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and I hope that you enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete