cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Almond Sole Fillets


Prep/Total Time: 10 min. Yield: 4 Servings

  Ingredients
•1/3 cup butter, cubed
•1/4 cup slivered almonds
•1 pound sole fillets
•2 tablespoons lemon juice
•1/2 teaspoon dill weed
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon pepper
•1/4 teaspoon paprika

 Directions
•In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and almonds. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until almonds are golden brown.

• Place the fillets in a greased microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Top with almond mixture.
• In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper; drizzle over fish. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

This was very good!! It was so much that I could not eat it all.  We had baked potato and spinach
This is my first official dish that I have cooked at home in the microwave.  It was nice to be able to use the microwave since it was very hot.  Temperatures were over 80 yesterday.  Things are starting to cool off now.  Mid 70’s to low 70’s.  That’s what I call Fran weather!!!

May possible be going down to the in-laws on Tuesday.  Not sure.  I think that Dan got upset with me because I told him that neither Dan or I have time for all his crap email.  A lot of stuff about gun control, Muslims, and a lot of chain mail.  “please send this to every one you know so that I can get other peoples email addresses” Some of the stuff he sent was cute and I didn’t mind it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment