cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Scallop Mac & Cheese


Prep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min. Yield: 5 Servings

 Ingredients
•2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
•1/2 cup butter, divided
•1 cup French bread baguette crumbs (I did not toast the crumbs)
•1 pound bay scallops
•1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
•1 small onion, chopped
•3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
•3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/8 teaspoon pepper
•2 cups whole milk
•1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
•2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
•1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
•1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions
•Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until lightly toasted.

• In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add scallops; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm. Melt remaining butter in the pan; add mushrooms and onion. Cook and stir until tender. Stir in the flour, thyme, salt and pepper until blended.
• Gradually add the milk, wine and sherry. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted. Drain pasta; stir pasta and scallops into sauce.

• Divide among five 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Spoon onto plates if desired
This was good!! I should have measured out the pasta.  I dumped the whole box in the sauce.  Dan would have added shrimp and bacon.

I think that I have the weekend off.  I hope so.  Dan is going to Costco to get his hearing aids.  Much cheaper than group health!! It also includes a remote control.  I never though about how hard it would be to adjust the volume on a hearing aide!!  Shows you what I know.
Mom is still in a lot of pain.  I wish that they could do something to help her. 

My eyes are sure drying out.  It is really starting to bother me.  May have to go back to the doctor.  I will see how it goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment