cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Friday, July 19, 2013

Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork


Prep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours Yield: 9-12 Servings
 Ingredients

•1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
•2 tablespoons canola oil
•1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
•3/4 cup sugar
•3/4 cup cranberry juice
•1 teaspoon ground mustard
•1 teaspoon pepper
•1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
•1/4 cup cornstarch
•1/4 cup cold water
•Salt to taste

 Directions
•In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on all sides over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, pepper and cloves; pour over roast.

• Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm.
• In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, water and salt until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.

This was sooooooooo good!!!!! The meat fell off the bone it was so tender.  I think that this is the best slow cooker that I have made!!!

I was so sick last night.  I had stomach cramps felt like I was going to have the runs but didn’t.  I threw up once.  Not sure what the deal was.  I fell better today. Stomach is much better.  Bothers me some.  I was in so much pain that I kept Dan awake. 
I have to work on the 28Th.  Really mad me mad.  I haven’t worked at all this Summer on Sunday and then some one invites me to a BBQ and guess what, I have to work!!! Go figure!!!  I know that I could use the money but it is the thought of the thing.  I guess we wont get any more invites L I know that If I worked any where else I would never get a weekend off.  So, I try to be grateful!!  If God wants me to go to this then He will cancel the event!!  That’s the only way I can look at this with a glad hart J

Dan is leaving for Montana this Thursday.  Going to see Superman!!  Five days of bachelorette!!!  Woo Ho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment