cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad


Prep/Total Time: 25 min. Yield: 8 Servings

 Ingredients

•3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta (I measured out the pasta) 
•4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (I steamed the chicken)
•2 cups chopped tomatoes
•1/2 cup chopped red onion (used green onion)
•4 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I used regular bacon)
•1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (I used goat cheese)
•1/2 cup olive oil
•1/4 cup minced fresh basil
•1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
•2 tablespoons brown sugar
•1 teaspoon minced garlic
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon pepper
•1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
•Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes, onion, bacon and Gorgonzola cheese.

• In a small bowl, whisk the oil, basil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This was really good.  We enjoyed it especially because it was very hot out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment