cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Sausage Jambalaya


Prep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour Yield: 8 Servings

 •12 small pork sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
•1 cup finely chopped onion
•1 cup finely chopped green pepper
•4 garlic cloves, minced
•2 tablespoons canola oil
•1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
•1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
•1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
•1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
•1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
•3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
•1 teaspoon salt
•1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
•1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme

Directions
•In heavy skillet, saute the sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and ham; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients.

• Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
This was very good!!  It was even good the next day!!

Had a nice time at Tom & Velva’s last weekend!!  Got to see Shara and Margo!! Every one is doing well.  Louie was feeling well enough to join us. 
I have worked Wednesday and Thursday.  I am also working Saturday.  After that it falls off again!!

Mom was not feeling well the other day.  Her asthma was bothering her.  My peek flow is still not doing well.  It’s hard to remember to take the medication on an empty stomach.  I will be seeing my Doctor on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment