cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sausage Quiche


Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. Yield: 6-8 Servings
 Ingredients

•1 package (8 ounces) breakfast sausage links
•1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
•1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
•4 eggs
•1 pint heavy whipping cream
•1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

 Directions
•In a skillet, brown sausages until no longer pink. Drain and cut into small pieces; place in the pie shell. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream and nutmeg. Pour over cheese.

• Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
This was very good.  We had a salad to go with it, but, the salad did not turn out. 

Looking forward to seeing my Brother and his family this weekend.  The weather is supposed to be great and not too hot.  That’s good for me since I can’t deal with the heat any more. 
I am playing 13 words with friends with my cousin Robin.  I hope that we don’t start any more I think that is plenty for me!!!

Dan is going for his hearing aid fitting on Friday.  I think that he will be so surprised at what he can hear when he gets his new hearing aid.  It will probably be some time next month.   

No comments:

Post a Comment