cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Taco Pork Chops


Prep/Total Time: 20 min. Yield: 4 Servings

 Ingredients

•4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
•1 tablespoon canola oil
•1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
•1 cup water, divided
•1 medium onion, chopped
•1 envelope taco seasoning
•2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

 Directions

•In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, 3/4 cup water, onion and taco seasoning. Pour over pork and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
• Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with pork chops.

These were really good!!!  Instead of doing them on the stove top I baked them.  I made up the sauce and pored it over the chops and baked them in 350 oven for 45 minutes.  Turned out great!!!
We had the Mexican corn with this

No comments:

Post a Comment