cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sausage With Grapes

Ingredients

 8 mild Italian sausages (1 1/3 to 1 1/2 lb. total)
 
1 cup water
 
3 Cups green seedless grapes, rinsed
 
 Directions
Prick sausages with a fork and place in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan.
Add water.
Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
Drain water and fat from pan.
Add the 2 Cups  grapes to pan; cover and simmer until grapes are soft, about 10 minutes.
Uncover and cook over high heat, turning sausages and stirring grapes occasionally.
As liquid reduces, lower heat to medium; stir often until sausages are well browned.  Stir in remaining 1 cup of grapes
Transfer sausages to platter and spoon grapes over them.


CAESAR SALAD
Prep: t5 minutes Cook none Serves 6

Top with chopped chicken or shrimp

8 anchovy fillets
4 garlic cloves .
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2  cup extra-virgin olive oil
 1large head romaine
lettuce, chopped
3/4 Cup parmesan cheese

1. Combine anchovy fillets and garlic in food processor or blender. mince
together. Add together add lemon juice and mustard. With machine on gradually drizzle
in oil. If not using within 2 hours cover and refrigerate bring to room
temperature before using.
2. In a large bowl, combine lettuce and  1/4 cup cheese. Drizzle with dressing
and toss until well blended.  If needed, season with salt and Pepper to taste
Divide among 6 plates and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and crou-
tons. Serve at once.
GARLIC CROUTONS
Prep 10 Minutes  Cook:25 minutes Makes: 3 cups

4 tablespoons butter, melted,
or 1/4 cup olive oil
3garlic cloves, minced
3 cups cubes French or Italian bread

l. Preheat oven to 325"F in a large bowl combine butter and garlic add
bread and toss quickly until well blended. Transfer to a large baking sheet
and arrange in a single layer.
2. Bake stirring occasionally, until crisp and golden, about 25 minutes
Transfer to paper towels and let cool.  If not using within 2 hours store in an air tight container. For up to 3 days
These recipes were very good we had them on a hot day.  I did not make the crutons.  I was lazy and bought my own.  I threw the recipe in incase some one wanted to make them.
I played hookey today.  I did not want to do the fruite demo so I called in sick.  It is such a messy demo. I got cheery juice all over my right sleve.
Velva is doing well after her surgery.  Thank you Jesus.  She has one more surgery on her feet.  I know that she will be glad when all this is over with. 
Julie has gone back to WV.  She wil be back in December. 
Louise is getting us a new computer and monitor.  I cried when she told me about it.   


No comments:

Post a Comment