cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Saucy Italian Roast

  • Prep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
  • Yield: 8-10 Servings

Ingredients

  • 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup red wine or beef broth
  • Hot cooked pasta

Directions

  • Cut roast in half. Combine the salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with mushrooms and onion. Combine the spaghetti sauce and wine; pour over meat and vegetables.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve with pasta and pan juices. Yield: 10 servings.
This was easy to make.  I love being able to use my slow cooker.  Just throw it in and forget it.  I used pork instead of beef.
On Saturday we are having a meeting.  I have to be there at 9:30.  Ouch!!  I hope that they do something about putting signs about the place.  Telling the customers that we can't serve kids under 15.  It will sure help in keeping customers from arguing with you.  It takes the joy out of doing my job. 
Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will get the new computer up and running.  Louise says it may be a little different than what we have now.  I intend to down load ad free when we do get things up and running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment