cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Taco salad


May prepare partially ahead  Serves 4

1 pound ground beef
1 1/4 ounce envelope taco
seasoning mix
3/4 cup water
1 head lettuce, shredded
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
1 or 2 green chilies, chopped
tortilla chips

Brown beef in skillet; drain.  Stir in
taco season mix and water; simmer
until dry.
Laver lettuce, tomatoes' beef mixture
cheese in salad
bowl. Dollop sour cream mixed
with green chilies in  center and
arrange chips around edge. Mix
before serving

Crab Cheese Dip
May prepare Partially ahead 8 - 10 servings

l cup fresh, frozen or canned
crabmeat drained
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup shredded cheddar
Monterey jack or Muenster
cheese (or combination)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Mix
all  ingredients; Pour into a 1 quart
casserole dish. Bake uncovered 15 minutes
or until hot and bubbly.  Stir once while baking.

May be mixed until ready to use
For the taco salad I used grownd pork.  I mixed everything in one bowl.
The dip was a nice snack.
Well, we now have every thing.  The computer came today.  Don't have to worry about it coming during the weekend.  Don said that he will help us set it up.  Hopefully next weekend.
I am worried that my buddy is going to be bumped off NCIS.  I have one more epsode befor the finalie.  I guess we will see what happens.  I checked his web site there still talking about last years shows.  2011 not 2012.  That doesn't make much sence to me.  Oh well it is just a show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment