cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Honey and Black Pepper Steak


Preparation time: 15 mins cooking time 15 mins serves 4

Ingredients

2 tbsp oil
500g round steak, cut into thin strips
1 onion, sliced
300g sugar snap peas or snow peas
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tsp finely cracked black pepper

Method

1. Heat a wok until very hot, then add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat. Stir-fry the beef in batches over high heat for 3-4 minutes each batch, or until browned, then remove and drain on paper towels.
2. Reheat the wok, add the remaining oil and stir-fry the onion and sugar snap peas or snow peas until softened. Remove from the wok.
3. Add the honey, soy sauce, oyster sauce and pepper to the wok. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
4. Increase the heat, return the meat and vegetables to the wok, and toss for 2-3 minutes, or until well combined and heated through. Serve with steamed rice.
I used pork instead of beef.
I do not like the way they have things on this blogger page.  I turn spell check on but, I don't think it works.  The way it used to be it corrected me often.  They way they have it now it doesn't.  Makes me look stupid.
The work schedule is picking up.  That's good for me!!  Money comes in handy. 
Louise is getting us a new computer!!  Should be coming within the next few weeks. 
Dan is going to go to a soccar game next Saturday.  He is going with his work partner.  I have to work that day.
He has been getting alot of over time lately.
I saw Mom last Sunday.  She had her foot in a boot like shoe and her hand in a brace.  She is still in physical therapy.  I guess it still hurts.  I would think so any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment