cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Casserole


Serves 4

2 whole chicken breasts,
split, skinned
I l1O-ounce can cream of
chicken soup
1/4 cup chicken stock
l/4 teaspoon oregano
l/8 teaspoon cumin
l/8 teaspoon sage
1/8 teaspoon chili Powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic
1 small onion, chopped
8 ounces Monterey Jack
cheese, shredded
I ounces longhorn cheese,
shredded
1 9-ounce Package tortilla
chips
4-ounce can chopped
green chilies, drained

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Broil, microwave or cook in pressure
cooker until almost done. Chop, discarding bone Combine chicken
soup and stock in saucepan and mix well.  Stir in oregano, cumin
sage, chili powder, and garlic.  Cook over low heat until heated
through, stirring frequently. Line 11/z- to 2-quart baking dish with
tortilla chips. Layer chicken mixture, green chilies, onion, Monterey
Jack cheese and longhorn cheese over tortilla chips.  Bake, covered,
350 degrees for 35 minutes.

I stir fired the chicken. I used motzella cheese in place of the longhorn cheese.  It was very tastey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment