cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Seafood-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe

  • Prep: 20 min Serves 6-8

Ingredients

  • 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 cup cooked salad shrimp
  • 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, rinsed, drained and cartilage removed
  • 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
  • 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 6 to 8 large tomatoes

Directions

  • Combine the first nine ingredients in a bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, dill and pepper; mix well. Pour over rice mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Just before serving, cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato, or scallop top with a sharp knife. Scoop out pulp and discard, leaving a 1/2-in. thick shell. Fill each tomato with about 1/2 cup of salad. Serve immediately. 
We did not stuff the tomatoes.  We cut the tomatoes up and mexed them in with the filling.  We used the filling in a tortilla wrap.  We found a tortilla wrap that works great!! Don Poncho golden blend .  It is so much stronger than the regular tortilla wraps.
We are hoping to get our new computer set up this weakend.  We will probably have to set it up ourselves.  But we are not dummies, so I think that we will do just fine.  The device that we got to transfer our files to the new computer Louise says is the wrong one so we will be taking it back to fryes on Saturday.
Mon fell last week.  Hit her head and broke part of her foot.  She seems to be doing fine now.  Dose not take much for her to loose her balance.
I am working over the weekend except Monday. 
The last time I talked to Velva she was doing fine.  I will try and call her some time this weekend.
I got an account with hotmail.  I don't like it.  If you mail an email to more than what they think you should they want you to varify your email address and they consider it spamming.  I don't think that I should have to jump through hoopes to email more than one person.  I may go back to gmail or I may try outlook.  I am going to call microsoft and talk to them about outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment