cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Turkey Fajitas

Prep Time 10 Min Cook Time 14 Min Serves 4
Recipe Ingredients:

8 Mission® Flour Tortillas
2 tsp. Chile Powder
1/2 tsp. dried Oregano
12 oz. Turkey Breast cutlets
2 tsp. Vegetable Oil divided
2 each, 1 Red and 1 Green Bell Peppers thinly sliced
8 each Lettuce Leaves dried well

Recipe Instructions:

1. Mix chili powder and oregano on waxed paper. Rub spice mixture into turkey cutlets.
2. In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add bell pepper strips and cook over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and tender-crisp. Remove to a bowl, using a slotted spoon.
3. Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add cutlets and cook over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes, turning once, until they are browned and no longer pink in center when tested with knife.
4. Cut turkey crosswise into narrow strips. Top each warm tortilla with a lettuce leaf and arrange turkey and bell pepper strips down the middle. Serve with salsa.
With this recipe I did not use the bell peppers and I cut up the meat and stir fried it instead.  It was much easer.

No comments:

Post a Comment