cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Apple-Ham Grilled Cheese

  • Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
  • Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients

  • 1 cup chopped tart apples
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • 8 slices process American cheese
  • 8 slices sourdough bread
  • 4 slices fully cooked ham
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened

Directions

  • Combine apples, mayonnaise and walnuts. Place a slice of cheese on four slices of bread. Layer each with 1/3 cup of the apple mixture, a slice of ham and another slice of cheese; cover with remaining bread.
Butter the outsides of the sandwiches. Cook in a large skillet over medium heat on each side until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. 
We did this recipe together.  This is a great recipe to have on a hot day.  Thank God that we haven't had many of them yet!!
We are going to Oregon this coming weekend. 
Emailed Jewls hope to get together soon!
Secedule is no into August.
Getting paired up with Bran.  I don't know what it is but, I just don't care for her that much.  I am a professional so I will act as one.  If I can't work with her then I will tell Linda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment