cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Green Pea & Salmon Salad

Ingredients

 2 cups cold cooked salmon or 1 can (1 lb.) salmon, drained
1 cup each frozen peas, thawed, and thinly sliced celery
1/8. cup thinly sliced green onion
4 hard-cooked eggs, diced
 
Dill dressing
Lettuce leaves

Directions

Carefully separate salmon into large chunks; discard bones and skin, if necessary.
Mix together salmon, peas, celery, green onion, and eggs; cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare dill dressing; cover and refrigerate.
To serve, shred lettuce on plates.  Gently combine salmon mixture with dressing.  Then spoon over greens. 
Dill dressing
In a small bowl combine 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons each lemon juice and finely chopped dill pickle, 1 teaspoon each prepared mustard and dill weed, and salt and pepper to taste.
This was very tasty.  We had it two nights in a row.  This was nice for a hot summer day.
Looks like I am working this whole weedend!!  Sent an email to HR department because my statements don't match my bank statement.  Hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow.
We are going into the U didtrict tomorrow I need to get some more glass cleaner and then we are going down town.  The weather is supposed to be great 83!!  We are supposed to cool down the rest of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment