cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Spanish saffron chicken and rice


1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 chicken thighs and 6 drumsticks
1 large red onion, finely chopped
3 teaspoons sweet paprika
14 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 1/4  cups paella or Arborio rice
1/2 teaspoon ground saffron

Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a
large, deep frying pan over high heat.
Season the chicken pieces well and
brown in batches. Remove the
chicken from the pan.

Reduce to medium heat and add the
remaining oil to the pan. Add the
onion and the diced pepper and
cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the
paprika and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes and simmer for
1-3 minutes or until it thickens.

Stir 31/2 cups boiling water into the
pan, then add the rice and saffron,
Return the chicken to the pan and
stir to combine. Season. Bring to
a boil, then cover, reduce the heat
to medium-low, and simmer for
20-30 minutes or until all the liquid
has been absorbed and the chicken
is tender. Then allow to rest, covered, for
3-4 minutes before serving.

Serves 4
This recipe was very good and easy to make.  I bought my saffron a long time ago.  Way before I got lade off from work.
We're gonna take the dog to his Grand parents.  I think that he will enjoy that much better than a long three hour ride in the car.
Looks like we will be getting together with Jule on the 7/30 and the fifth of August.  That will be fun.
I was playing scrable the picture of the person that I was playing with looked like Pam Rogers my old work mate from the UW.  Well who ever she is she is kicking my butt!!!  I love games like this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment