cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Flank Steak With Mushrooms & Peas

Ingredients

 
1 1/4 pounds flank steak
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
1 cup diagonally sliced celery
1 package (10 oz.) frozen peas
Water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons dry Sherry
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons salad oil
Steamed rice or Chinese noodles

Directions

Cut flank steak in half lengthwise; slice each half, on the diagonal, into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
Place mushrooms, celery, and frozen peas in a large, heavy frying pan that has a cover.
Add 1 cup water.
Cover, bring to a boil, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until celery is tender but still crisp.
Drain, reserving liquid, and place vegetables in bowl.
Blend 1/2 cup water and cornstarch; stir in Sherry, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder.
Brown meat quickly in the very hot salad oil; reduce heat, return vegetables to pan with soy sauce mixture, and cook for about 1 minute longer, stirring constantly, until sauce becomes quite thick.
Blend in about 1/3 cup of the reserved vegetable liquid, if you prefer a thinner sauce.
Because we don't eat beef I used pork.
Got my pay statement all worked out so now all is right with the world.
Toady is my sister Louise's 68th Birthday.  Hope that she has a good one.
I have to work this weekend.  I am hoping soon to be able to go to the ocean.  I guess that it may have to waite until next month. 
Mom fell down a couple of days ago.  Didn't break anything but she hurts.  It will take a while for her to bounce back.
When she does we want to tkake her out for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment