cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taco Salad with Ranch Dressing

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 15 Min Ready In 30 Min

Servings  6

Ingredients

  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 pound lettuce, chopped
  • 3/4 (8 ounce) jar medium salsa
  • 1 (8 ounce) bottle Ranch-style salad dressing
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped black olives
  • 1 cup crushed tortilla chips

Directions

1.                  Cook the chicken breasts in a medium skillet over medium high heat for 12 to 16 minutes, or until chicken is cooked though and juices run clear. Let cool slightly then slice into strips.
2.                  In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, chili powder, lettuce, salsa, dressing, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, olives and tortilla chips until evenly coated. Chill until ready to serve.
This was good.  We had it two days in a row.
Dan's Dad went into hospitel on Monday he is supposed to go home today.  He said last night that he feels better than he has in a while.
I am working for the next four days
Had the piano tuned.  The turner did not want to buy it.  So, now I have to look else where.

No comments:

Post a Comment