cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Penne with Spring Vegetables

Prep Time 10 Min Cook Time 15 Min Ready In 25 Min

Servings  4

 Ingredients
  • 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1 (8 ounce) package sugar snap peas, trimmed
  • 1 (8 ounce) package dry penne pasta
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1.                  Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus, and cook for 2 minutes. Add peas, and cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside. Add pasta to boiling water, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2.                  Place pasta in the bowl with asparagus and peas. Toss with olive oil, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
This turned out great.  The vegetables were nice and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment