cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Meatloaf Muffins

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 1Hr Ready In 1 Hr 15 Min

Servings  6

 Ingredients
  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed vegetable soup
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup ketchup (optional)

Directions

1.                  Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
2.                  Mix ground beef, soup, onion, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Scoop mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
3.                  Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven to a minimum temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). If desired, remove from oven after 50 minutes, drizzle ketchup on the top of each muffin, and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
We maid this meat loaf just like a regular meatloaf.  I liked the ingredient combo not the muffin thing.
Here are the two sides that we had with this.

Mushrooms in White Wine Sauce

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 20 Min Ready In 35 Min

Servings  6

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup peanut or vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
  • 3/4 cup water, divided
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 1 cube chicken bouillon
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch

Directions

1.                  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, 1/2 cup water, wine, and chicken bouillon. Season with basil, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix together cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Stir into mushrooms, and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.

Smothered Green Beans

Prep Time 20 Min Cook Time 30 Min Ready In 50 Min

Servings  6

Ingredients

  • 6 thick slices bacon, chopped
  • 1/2 cup onions, minced
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper

Directions

1.                  Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until the fat begins to render. Stir in onions and garlic; let cook for 1 minute. Stir in beans and water. Let the beans cook until the water has evaporated and the beans are tender. If the beans are not tender once the water has evaporated, add a small amount more water and let them cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and serve.
With these green bean I steamed them and cooked them with the bacon.  I did not add any water.
We went to Al's open house for what I saw of the house it seems very nice.  I got to meat Carla.  She seems very nice. 
I was supposed to work today but, my demo was canceled. 
I was able to take the dog for an hour walk.  I enjoyed the morning walk.  I hope to do it tomorrow as well.  
This afternoon I am going to call some one and get my piano fixed.  I am hoping to seal it.  I guess we will see what happens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment