cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Breakfast Enchiladas

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 30 Min Ready In 45 Min

Servings  8  

Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
  • 1 cup diced cooked ham
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1 (28 ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
  • 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas

Directions

1.                  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2.                  Brown hash browns and ham in 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in diced green chilies and 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese. Cook until cheese has melted.
3.                  Coat the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with a small amount of enchilada sauce. Dip each tortilla in remaining sauce, and fill with potato-ham mixture. Roll each as tightly as possible and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Top with remaining sauce and cheese, and cover with tin foil.
4.                  Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes, or until lightly browned on top. Serve immediately.

This was really good we had it two nights in a row!!

Bacon-Cheddar Deviled Eggs

Prep Time 20 Min Ready In 20 Min

Servings  24

Ingredients

  • 12 hard-cooked eggs
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 2 tablespoons finely shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 tablespoon honey mustard*
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

1.                  Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, mustard and pepper. Stuff into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving.
I have never made deviled eggs before.  They sure turned out great!!  I made them for a snack.
We celebrated my birthday and Katies birthday.  Jackie made a wonderful dinner chicken wings!!  It was a lot of fun to see every one.  I wonder if we will keep doing birthdays after Mom is gone?  I wish that I could see Jackie more often.  It's to bad we live in the same city and yet we live so far from each other.  I guess that we can only do the best that we can.
I am supposed to work tomorrow.  However, I am not feeling very well.  My stomich is all upset.  I am cooking a slow cooking dish in my crock pot.  I hope that it is not that that is making me fell unwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment