cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easy Broccoli Quiche

Prep Time 20 Min Cook Time 30 Min Ready in 50 Min

Servings  6

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 onion, minced
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 4 eggs, well beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted

Directions

1.                  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.                  Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and broccoli. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. Spoon vegetables into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
3.                  Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
4.                  Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until center has set.
This was very good.  I love a good quiche.  It could have meat or not and I still love them.
Dan's Mom made it home safely from her trip.  She had gone to Atlanta.  The tour was "Gone with the Wind tour"  I enjoyed the movie and the book but, I don't think that I would have wanted to go on the tour.  She had a nice time and that was good.  Dan did not talk to her about the way she talks about him in front of others.  I am sure he will at some point.  It really bothers me.  I love him so it hurts to have some one talk down about him.  He is such a good man.
I have this weekend off.  May go to a movie or something.  Not sure yet.  It is interesting that with this new supervisor I am getting more steady hours.  Thank you Jesus!!  We will see what happens next month.  I should be notification about getting my new food handlers card soon.  I will be glad to get that out of the way. 
We think that there will be 100 people at Mom's party.  Don't know about out of towners yet.  Also don't know what their going to be doing after the party for dinner.  Dan's Dad will need to eat.  I am a little bet concerned about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment