cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Southwestern Chicken Lasagna

Servings  6

Ingredients

  • 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast meat
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 large onions
  • 1 teaspoon fresh chopped jalapeno peppers
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 2 cups spaghetti sauce
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup fresh salsa
  • 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 16 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 15 (6 inch) corn tortillas

Directions

1.                  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.                  In a large skillet, brown shredded chicken in butter or margarine. Add onions, jalapeno peppers, garlic, basil and oregano. Then add the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and salsa/picante sauce. Stir all together. Cover skillet and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
3.                  In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, place a layer of tortillas, then a layer of the chicken/sauce mixture, then a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, then top casserole with Cheddar cheese and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour, until cheese is bubbly.
This was very good.
Today is Mom's Birthday!! 90 can't believe it!!  God has been good to her!!
Worked four day in a row!!  Could have worked today.  I said no I am burned out.  Could have worked tomorrow but, I wanted my three days off. 
I have to work this Friday and Sunday.  Dan has Friday off.  I am a little disappointed that I won't get to have Friday with him. 
I got my piano tuned and the garage doors fixed.  No Dan doesn't have to open the door from the out side any more!!!  We have decided to keep the back screen door unlocked so that he can come into the house with out going around to the front.
We are having Mon's Birthday party on Saturday.  Not sure who all is coming.  I guess there will be a lot of people there.  I do not do well in crowds. 
Dan's Dad is home from the hospital and is doing well.  It is good to hear his voice. 
I hope that Andrew will be there I understand that he going to school computer engineering.  I am very proud of him!!  He is a smart young man.  His daughter Lauren has turned six.   

No comments:

Post a Comment