cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beef with bok choy

Perpetration time  About 10 minutes
Marinating time 15 minutes
Cooking time about 15 minutes
Serves 2 or 3

Cooking Sauce (recipe follows)
3/4 pound lean boneless beef steak (such as
top round, flank, or sirloin)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 medium-size head bok choy
2 to 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/4 cup salad oil
1 clove garlic, minced or Pressed
1/4 cup water

Prepare Cooking Sauce and set aside
Cut beef with the grain into l 1/2 inch-wide strips;
then cut  each strip across  the grain into 1/2-inch-thick
slanting slices. Place meat in bowl, stir in soy, and
let marinate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut bok choy leaves from stems
Cut stems diagonally into 1/2-inch slices; coarsely .shred leaves. Set steins and leaves aside separately;
you should have 6 to 8 cups total lightly packed
stems and leaves. 
Place a wok over medium heat.   When wok is
hot, add sesame seeds and stir until golden (about 2
minutes); remove from wok and set aside.  Increase
heat to high. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil to wok;
when oil is hot, add garlic and bok choy stems.  Stir-
fry for 1 to 2 minutes add water then cover and
cook  for 2 minutes; add bok choy leaves and cook
uncovered, stirring occasionally, just until leaves
and stems are tender to bite (1 to 2 more minutes.
Remove from wok and set aside.
Pour remaining 2 tablespoons oil into wok.  When oil is hot, add meat stir-fry until browned (1 1/2 to 2 minutes).  Return bok choy to wok.  Stir sauce and add, then add sesame seeds.  Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. 

Cooking Sauce.  Stir together 3/4 cup regular-strength chicken broth, 4 teaspoons cornstarch, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 2 tablespoons dry sherry.
I used napa cabbage instead of bok choy.  That cut down on the prep time.  I used black sesame seeds.  There fore no toasting.  I also used pork instead of beef.
There is a women at wok who seems to have it out for me.  Every time she catches me doing something wrong she tells Linda.  I cant see how she can do her job while watching me!!  I am not sure what her problem is.  I have neither said or done anything to her.  I have to admit that I don't like her much.  She talks all the time.  Non stop talking.  It kind of gets on my nerves.  I try to avoid her as much a possible.  One day she sat down at my table for lunch.  Starting complaining about coworkers I got up and left.  I just had to put her in God's hands because I can't do anything about her

No comments:

Post a Comment