cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Tortellini with meat sauce

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes  Serves 4


1 Pound ground  lamb, ground beef,
or  pork
1 14 oz jar tomato and herb
pasta sauce or spaghetti
sauce
1 3/4  cup water
1/4 cup red wine
1 9 ounce package refrigerated
cheese-filled tortellini
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 ounces


DIRECTIONS
3. In a large saucepan cook
ground lamb, beef, or pork
over medium heat until no
longer pink. Drain off fat.
3, Add pasta or spaghetti
sauce, the 1 3/4 cups water, and
1/4 cup wine to the
meat. Bring to boiling;
reduce heat. Stir in tortellini.
Return to boiling. Simmer,
uncovered. for 15 to
18 minutes or until tortellini
are tender and sauce is of
desired consistency. Spoon
onto serving plates. Sprinkle
with mozzarella cheese. Let
stand for 2 to 3 minutes or
until cheese is slightly
melted.

We celebrated Jonathan's Birthday yesterday.  It was nice to see him.  He is a very nice young man.
Fell in the parking lot at Sams club on Friday.  Lots of black ice.  I was shaken but not stirred.
Jonathan wants to take us out for dinner to celebrate Dan's birthday.  Not sure when we will get to do that because Dan is going to have some teeth work done.  That will start on the first of the month.
Mon's looking good but tired.  Three more months she will be 90.  Wow!!
Still haven't heard about the trip in March.  Not sure what to do about the time off.
Working Thursday through Sunday this week.
I need to call Social Security to see if they are supposed to be taking money out of my SSD.  I also need to make sure that I got my Dental.  I was late for the first payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment