cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fusilli With Lamb And Tomato Ragu Recipe

Prep 10 Minutes cook 40 Minutes sreves 6

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 pound ground lamb
1 cup dry red wine
1 14-ounce can Italian peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 cup hot water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound fusilli or penne

Directions

1. In a large heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add lamb to pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until lamb loses its pinkness.
Add wine, raise heat to high, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, rosemary, parsley, and hot water. Cook, partially covered, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Season with salt and pepper.
2. When sauce is almost ready, cook fusilli
This recipe was very good there was no leftovers.
We recived anotice that he power was going to be turned off today it was for about a hour. 
I sorted all the little notes that Dannie has given me.  I have quite a few in my collection.  Plus all the cards that he has given me.  I am glad that I have keept them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment