cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kung Pao Chicken


Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook 10 minutes Serves 4

Directions:

Combine chicken, egg white and cornstarch in small bowl.
Toss to coat. Set aside
In another small bowl blend chili paste with soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, broth, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, and sesame oil. Set sauce aside.
 Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat. Add chicken
Stir fry 5- 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from heat with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Remove all but two table spoon of oil.  Stir fry onions, garlic, red pepper, peanuts, and ginger in skillet for 1 minute.  Add chicken stir fry over high heat for 1 minute.
Add sauce, stir fry until heated through and thickened
Serve with rice.
I noticed that in September I did another chicken kung pao recipe.  This one is also very tasty.  We have had this one before.  The first one that was done in September was a new recipe.  
I guess today is the day Jewls gets her new puppy!!  I hope that all goes well with it.
Got to go on a long walk with the dog!!  The sun is out and a perfect day for a walk .

No comments:

Post a Comment