cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

BEEF & CHILIE STIR FRY

Preparation time 15 minutes ready in 25 minutes serves 4

Fried Tortilla Strips recipe follows
Cumin Sauce recipe follows

1 pound pork cut into chunks
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
3 cloves garlic, minced or Pressed
4 tablespoons salad oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
I package ( 10 oz') frozen corn kernels
1 can (3 oz-)sliced ripe olives' drained
1 large can(7 oz') diced green chilies drained
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Salt

Prepare Fried Tortilla Strips and Cumin Sauce; set
aside.
Mix beef strips, Worcestershire, and garlic Heat 2
tablespoons of the oil in a wok or wide frying pan over
high heat when oil is hot, add the beef mixture
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan;
Stir fry for2 minutes. Add corn, and chilies; stir-
fry until heated through (2 to 3 minutes) Return meat
to pan and add tomatoes and Cumin Sauce; cook stir-
ring, until juices come to a boil season with salt to
taste
Distribute tortilla strips equally on 4 dinner plates
Spoon meat mixture over

Fried, Tortilla Strips' Stack 7 or 8 corn tortillas
Six inches in diameter);cut in half Perpendicular
to cut, slice tortillas into 1/8-inch-wide strips in a
medium-size frying pan, pour salad oil to a depth of
½ inch. Place over medium-high heat until oil
reaches 375" on a thermometer'
Drop a handful of tortilla strips it to oil; cook' stir-
ring, until  lightly browned and crisp (about 1 minute)
lift out with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels
Repeat with remaining tortilla strips until all are
Coked.  

Cumin Sauce. Stir together 2 tablespoons corn-
Starch 1 teaspoon cumin seeds' 1 teaspoon
Ground cumin, ½ to ¼ teaspoon ground red
pepper (cayenne), and 1 cup regular-strength
beef broth
Went to the Dr yesterday found out that I have bursitis in my hips.  She has given me exercise for it but, I haven't done them yet. 
Not working so far this Sunday.  I get to go to church.  I wish the music was better though.  They act like they have all died and not much celebrating going on.  BET has left and the music has suffered.
Dan is serving helping out with the parking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment