cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

BLACKBERRY-APPLE SPICE PIE


3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Pinch of salt
1 ½ pound tart apples, peeled
        And  diced (4 cups)
2 cups fresh or frozen
blackberries
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 package double crust ready to bake pie crust
2 tablespoons butter cut up
vanilla ice cream or
whipped cream

1. Preheat oven to 425"F' In a large bowl combine sugar flour, cornstarch
and salt. Gently stir in apples blackberries and lemon juice  
2. Using already made crusts place bottom crust in 9inch pie pan. Add filling, top with reaming pie crust.  Cut vents for steam in crust.  Dot with butter.
3. Place pie on cookie sheet.  Bake 15 minutes.  Then reduce heat and cook  at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes
Talked with Jewles today she says that she is going to get a puppy.  I have to say that I am glad that I have a dog.  Earl barked and I opened the Door and didn't see a thing.  Then I notice him sniffing something on the Door.  There was a noticed place on the door knob telling me the power will be shut off tomorrow.  If he had not barked I would never have known that any one was there.  I feel safer having a dog in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment