cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Russian Style Creamy Salad Dressing

Prep Time 5 Min Ready In 8 Hrs 5 Min

Servings   yield 2 cups

Ingredients

  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons grated onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
  • 4 drops hot sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Directions

1.                  In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, ketchup, onion, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire, cream and parsley until smooth. Chill overnight to let ingredients incorporate. Serve over salads, eggs, chilled veggies or meat.
I found this recipe for Russian salad dressing.  Most salad dressing have fructose corn syrup in them so I made this for the following recipe

Sweet And Sour Glazed Chicken

Prep Time 15 Min Cook Time 45 Min Ready In 1 Hr

Servings  6

Ingredients

  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
  • 1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle Russian-style salad dressing
  • 1 cup apricot preserves
  • 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix

Directions

1.                  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.                  Wash the chicken, pat dry and arrange in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
3.                  Mix Russian dressing, preserves and soup mix together in a bowl and spoon the mixture over the chicken pieces. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, occasionally spooning the sauce over the chicken.
This recipe was ssoooo good!
I went to the doctor last week because my fingers get numb and my hands turn blue.  She knew what it was right away.  Going to try and take some blood pressure medication and see if that doesn't help get the circulation in to be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment