cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Corned Beef Dinner

  8 Servings  Prep 10 Min Cook 9 HR

Ingredients

  • 4 to 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
  • 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
  • 3 cups chopped cabbage
  • 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3-1/2 pounds)
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon caraway seeds

Directions

  • Place the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, caraway seeds and contents of spice packet. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
I know folks are going to say hey she doesn't eat beef.  I loke corn beef and this was a good one!!
Went to Doug & Karen's last night for dinner and early Christmas.  It was fun.  We all had a nice time.  I got liqueur flavored candy and Dan got a Japanese dragon puzzle.  Don't know if he will put it together.  I would be a challenge to do so.
Found out that I have over 40 hours of vacation that I need to take so, I am hoping to take off most of next week.  Use it or lose it.  I wish that I could have had more notice.  I will no better next year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment