cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, December 26, 2011

New Potatoes with Caper Sauce

Prep Time 10 Min Cook Time 20 Min Ready In 30 Min

Servings  4

Ingredients

  • 12 small new potatoes, scrubbed
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon minced green onion
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1.                  Combine the softened butter, capers, green onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley and vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
2.                  Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. If potatoes are large, cut into halves or quarters. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
3.                  Add the caper sauce to the pot of drained potatoes and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
What a wonderful side dish.  This can go with anything.  We had it with stand up chicken.  Which was great.  We have leftover for tonight.  Plus leftover from Christmas at my Sister Jackie's house.  Sweet!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment