cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mexican Fire Rice

Prep Time 10 Min Cook Time 45 Min Ready In 55 Min

Servings  8

Ingredients

  • 2 2/3 cups water
  • 1 1/3 cups uncooked long grain white rice
  • 1 pound ground pork breakfast sausage
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
  • 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions

1.                  In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
2.                  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3.                  In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until evenly brown.
4.                  In a medium baking dish, mix the cooked rice, cooked sausage, picante sauce, and sour cream. Top with Cheddar cheese.
5.                  Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly.
Dan made this side dish.  He is such a good cook!!
I have three days off this week.  Looking forward to a little break from the work schedule.  I know after the Holidays I will complain about the hours again.

No comments:

Post a Comment