cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuna Noodle Salad

Serves 8

Ingredients

4 oztwisty noodles
12.5 ozcanned tuna; drained
10 ozfrozen peas; thawed
1/2 cupchopped green pepper
1/2 cupthinly sliced celery
1/2 cupthinly sliced green onions
3/4 cupnonfat mayonnaise
1/2 cupsweet pickle relish
1/2 tspprepared horseradish
1 dashtable salt; to taste
1 dashground black pepper; to taste
2 mediumtomatoes; cut in wedges
3 eahard boiled; eggs

Relish Dressing

     How to Prepare Tuna Noodle Salad

        Prepare Relish Dressing and set aside.

Cook noodles in boiling water. Drain well and turn into a large salad bowl. Break tuna into meaty chunks and distribute over noodles. Add peas, green pepper, radishes, celery, mushrooms, and green onion. Make dressing: Combine mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, prepared horseradish, salt and pepper. Spoon dressing evenly over top and mix gently til well combined. Cover and chill 4-6 hrs. Before serving, mix well and garnish with tomatoes.
Relish Dressing
In a small bowl, stir together 3/4 cup Mayonnaise, 1/2 Cup tomato-based chili sauce, 1/3 cup drained sweet pickle relish, and 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.


This recipe called for using green pepper and radishes. We don't eat them so I left them out.    We had enough for left overs.
Went to the eye doctor yesterday.  My eye pressure was down 13-14.  So,  thank you Jesus I will not have to go again until November!!!!
Something is wrong with the printer.  May have to ask Don for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment