cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Shells With Shrimp

Prep: 20 minutes   Cook: 25 minutes   Serves: 6
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 small onion   finely chopped
1/8 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 garlic clove  chopped 
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 lb  medium shrimp  peeled and deveined
1 28 oz can Italian peeled tomatoes  drained and chopped          
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup water
8 oz shell pasta or macaroni


 In a large heavy saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add onion and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened but not browned.  Add wine and bring to a boil.  Add tomatoes, water, oregano, and hot pepper flakes.  Simmer 20 minutes.  Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until they turn pink. Stir in cream and cook 2 minutes longer.  Stir in pepper.

When sauce is almost ready, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm (10 to 12 minutes), then drain.  Pour pasta back in pot.  Stir in shrimp mixture.

This recipe called for salt.  Because of the canned tomatoes I left it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment