cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Glazed Spareribs Recipe


Ingredients

 
1/2 side (1 1/2 lbs.) pork spareribs
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 teaspoon sugar
 1 tablespoon cornstarch
 1 clove garlic, minced
 Glazing sauce
 Salad oil

Directions

Have your meat man cut spareribs through the bones crosswise to make about 1 1/2 inch lengths.
Cut bones apart, leaving an equal amount of
meat on each section.
In a bowl, blend soy, sherry, sugar, cornstarch, and garlic.
Add meat and stir to coat.
Let stand for 30 minutes to marinate.
Prepare glazing sauce and reserve.
In a deep pan, pour salad oil to a depth of 2 inches and heat to 360° on a deep frying thermometer.
Add about one fourth of the meat at a time to the hot oil and
cook until meat is no longer pink in the middle and is well browned outside (about 8 minutes).
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Drop cooked spareribs into glazing sauce and mix well.
Glazing Sauce. In a pan, blend 1tablespoon each dry sherry, vinegar, and soy sauce; 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.  cook, stirring until slightly thickened.
I did this recipe different from the directions.  I marinated the meet for 30 minuets.  I mixed the glazing sauce and poured it over the meat then I baked it for 45 minutes in a 350 oven.  Boy it was good.
Julie left today for West Virgina.  What a journey she is on.  God bless her!!!
I tried to get the lawn mower bag on the mower again today.  I guess I will have to have Dan show me once again how to put it on.  How frustrating it is for me!!!  I would love to be able to help him out:(

No comments:

Post a Comment