cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Broiled Chicken & Cheese Mexicana

Ingredients

  6 boneless chicken thighs about 1 1/4 lbs. total, skinned
  2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  2 tablespoons olive oil or salad oil
 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
 1/3 teaspoon each salt, ground cumin, and crushed red pepper flakes
  3 cups lightly packed shredded iceberg lettuce
  1 medium-size firm-ripe avocado
  1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
  1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  1 medium-size tomato, cut into wedges
  Lime wedges
  Fresh cilantro coriander sprigs

Directions

Rinse chicken and pat dry, then place pieces between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a flat-surfaced mallet until about 1/4 inch thick.
In a small bowl, mix lime juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, cumin, and red pepper flakes; reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture, then brush chicken all over with some of the remaining mixture.
Place chicken on rack of a broiler pan.
Broil about 4 inches below heat, turning once and brushing with remaining lime juice mixture, until meat in thickest part is no longer pink; cut to test 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, spread lettuce on a platter.
Pit, peel, and slice avocado; drizzle avocado and lettuce with reserved 2 tablespoons lime juice mixture.
Sprinkle chicken with jack and Cheddar cheeses; return to oven and continue to broil until cheese is melted about 2 more minutes.
Arrange chicken, avocado, and tomato on lettuce.
Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro, if desired.

I did this recipe completely different from the directions.  Because we don't like to use the broiler
much.  I decided to bake the chicken instead.  I made the sauce according to the directions and baked the chicken for 45 minuets.  Then I added the cheese.
I almost got myself fired.  I got caught eating a sample of my own product.  I will never do that again.  I don't even know why I did it.  I just did.  I need this job.  Can't afford to be stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment