cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Raspberry Barbecue Wings


Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. Serves 10

 Ingredients

•2/3 cup barbecue sauce
•2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam

•3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
•1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (I did not use the pepper)

•2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
•2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional, divided

•1/4 teaspoon salt
•15 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)

•1 small onion, sliced
•1 cup water

 Directions

•In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, jam, chopped onion, peppers, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke if desired and salt; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
 • Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. Place the chicken wings in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top with sliced onion and remaining garlic. Combine the water and remaining Liquid Smoke if desired; pour over wings. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.

  • Transfer wings to a greased broiler pan; brush with sauce. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 20-25 minutes, turning and basting every 5 minutes or until wings are well coated. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.

This was very good.  I used chicken legs and thighs.  I think that you could omit the water and liquid smoke.  I also did not broil the wings.  I think that next time I will bake the chicken just with the sauce.

Great Green Salad

 4 servings

4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pinch white sugar

1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 avocados - peeled, pitted, and cubed

4 cups mixed salad greens
1/2 cup sliced almonds

2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

Directions

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, sugar, parsley, lemon juice and garlic. Add the avocado, and stir to coat with the dressing.
2. Just before serving, add the salad greens, and toss to coat with dressing. Sprinkle sliced almonds and feta cheese over the top.

This was an easy salad to make.  We loved the dressing and the avocado was a nice addition.

I have two demos at the Fred Meyer.  I am very excited about them both.  This Friday is the new Ten.  Next week will be Frito Lay.  I have not looked at the demo information.  I don’t like to look to far ahead on these demos because it makes me anxious.

I was sick last week with a cold.  I was glad that I did not have to work.  I had no energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment