cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chunky Beef Noodle Soup


Prep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour 40 min. Serves 8

 Ingredients

•1 pound boneless round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I used pork)
•1 medium onion, chopped

•2 garlic cloves, minced
•1 tablespoon vegetable oil

•2 cups water
•1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained

•1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
•1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder (I used 1tesp)

•1 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

•1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
•1 medium green pepper, chopped (I did not use the pepper)

•1/4 cup minced fresh parsley

 Directions
•In a large saucepan, cook the steak, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until meat is browned and onion is tender.

 • Stir in the water, tomatoes, consomme and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
 • Stir in pasta and green pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until pasta is tender. Add parsley.

This recipe was very good.  It did not make as much as we thought it would.  Was hoping for two days worth.  Not sure why it did not make as much.
My back is doing better.  I am hoping to start walking again next week. 
Dan is taking my Birthday off and Monday.  Not sure still where I want to go for dinner.  I would like to try something new.

Not working this weekend.  I will have to work all of next weekend.  That’s ok.  Getting my Birthday weekend off is wonderful.  Katie and I are celebrating out Birthdays together on Easter.  I hope that she passed her big test.  She has been slammed since she started nursing school.  I am glad that it is her instead of me.  I have no interest in going back to school.

May go down to the in-laws not sure.

Mom is doing better.  I will be talking to her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment