cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

TOMATO, SHRIMP & CHEESE PIE


FILLING:

1 1/2 lbs. Medium  shrimp cooked

4 tomatoes

1 whole egg

2 egg yolks

2 tbsp. basil
3 tbsp. chives

1/4 lb. butter
3/4 c. mayonnaise

2 green peppers, chopped
1/2 chopped onion

4 oz. Monterey jack  grated cheese
12 oz. Swiss cheese grated

1/2 c. chopped parsley
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

Salt & pepper
2 9 inch unbaked pie shells

Topping :

4 Tablespoons butter, melted
14 Teaspoon paprika

Beat mayonnaise, egg, egg yolks and cheese.  Cut shrimp into large chunks.  Add shrimp and tomatoes to chees mixture.
Sauté onion and peppers in butter.  Add salt, pepper, garlic, basil, parsley and chives.  Add to cheese shrimp mixture. Divide between 2 unbaked pie shells.

 Blend topping ingredients; sprinkle on top of pies.
Bake in preheated 450 degree oven 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking 40 to 45 minutes

I had to tweak this recipe to make it more like the one I did.  This was very good!!!  I love shrimp!! 

Dan was rather tired yesterday.  I think that he needs to go down to Mr. Bill’s and get himself some new bank notes.  He hasn’t done that in a while.  He has had too many days where he has had fifteen people or more to take to court.  I think that he is getting burned outL  I try to be as encouraging as I can but I can only do so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment