cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Easy Cheddar Biscuits with Fresh Herbs


Ready in 30 minutes

16 biscuits
2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped

1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

1/3 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, stir together baking mix, cheese, and rosemary.

3. In a separate bowl, stir together sour cream, mustard, and milk. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until well combined. Drop dough in 2-inch rounds onto a baking sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg.
4. Bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.

This was really good and I don’t like rosemary.  Usually rosemary is too woody.  I used fresh and was able to break it up better.
It has finally happened!! I had to stop reading a Charles Dickens book. American Notes.  I am a huge Dickens fan but this was awful.  I like stories not narration.

Sent my birthday list off to Jewels.   Gave her plenty of books and CDs.  Went to the in-laws on Saturday.  Don was sick.  I think that he got food poison.  He was sicker than a dog. 
I think that for my Birthday we are going to go out to lunch. Dan wants to get the taxes done.  Then we can go and find some place to eat.  We don’t go to Auburn very often so it will be interesting what we find. 

He will go and see Mr. Bill.  It sounds like his health has gotten better.  He has lost a lot of weight. I can’t wait to find out what he looks like now!!  I am so glad for hem because he was doing really bad there for a while.   

No comments:

Post a Comment