cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pasta Twists with Sausage & Cream


 Prep Time10 Min Cooking Time10 Min Ready in 20 Mins

Ingredients

8 Ounce Package Pasta Twists
 Boiling salted water
4 Tablespoons Butter/Margarine
 1 Pound Mild italian sausage
 ¾ Cup Whipping cream
 1/4 cup each dry white wine and grated Parmesan cheese
Ground nutmeg
Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

 Following package directions, cook pasta in a large kettle of boiling salted water until al dente; drain thoroughly.
Meanwhile, in a wide frying pan over medium-low heat, melt butter.

Remove casings from sausage and crumble meat into pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is lightly browned.
Increase heat to medium-high.

Add cream and wine and bring to a boil.
Boil gently, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens slightly and forms large, shiny bubbles (2 to 3 minutes).

Add hot drained pasta; then remove from heat and add the 1/4 cup cheese.
Toss until pasta is evenly coated.

Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg and serve immediately.
Pass additional cheese at the table to sprinkle over individual portions.

This was really good and easy to make.
I used the oven on Friday and everything went fine.  I think the only thing that I had trouble is with reading the temperature setting.

We are having a man come tomorrow and tear down the deck.  He is also going to break up the concrete and put in new concrete.  It will be nice to get rid of the deck. 
I am working tomorrow so I will not be here for all the noise.  It will be weird not having the deck.  I will not miss it.  We have decided that we don’t  want another deck.  To much up keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment