cooking is my hobby

Cooking is my hobby, I would like to share recipes that I have tried and that were a success. I hope that others will want to share their best recipes with me as well.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Crisp Romaine With Bacon Dressing


 Ingredients

 1/2 large head romaine, broken into bite-size pieces
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
6 Bacon strip
2 Tablespoons Sugar
 3 Tablespoons Wine vinegar
 1 well beaten Egg
 Salt  To taste (I did not add any salt because of the Bacon)
 Pepper To taste (I did not add pepper)

 Directions

Place romaine and onion in a salad bowl.
In a frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; drain, crumble, and set aside.

Discard all but 3 tablespoons drippings.
Stir together sugar, vinegar, and egg; blend into bacon drippings and cook, stirring, over medium-low heat just until hot and slightly thickened.

Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over romaine, add bacon, and toss well.

This was very easy.  We had it with a pork brisket.  Boy was it tender.  We also had stuffing.

We had our deck removed and they also redid the patio.  I have to say that it is a shame that you can’t trust people who say that they are Christians.  The guy told me verbally that he was going to build us some planter boxes.  He has told Dan that he never said anything about planter boxes.

We have learned a lot from this experience.  Some of the things that have happened will never happen again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment